click analytics

Atlas 200 lb payload

Questions, comments and photos related to our Pegasus Carbon, Heavy Lifter and Atlas systems can be posted here.

Atlas 200 lb payload

New postby Sriram Krishnan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 am

I was going through the Atlas 200 camera slider package details. The product pdf says Atlas provides rock solid movement for rigs up to 200 lb.

I was wondering how does this slider work on top of a tripod?
200 lb off-center to either side would tip it. If i mount say 150 lb camera equipment and move the camera to one of the sides of the slider, then whole of my tripod would topple over.

Need help with this doubt of mine.

http://cinevate.com/website/docs/Atlas.pdf

Sriram
Sriram Krishnan

Re: Atlas 200 lb payload

New postby Luke Grandmont on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 am

Hey Sriram,

You're right to think that - in fact, the Atlas 200 slider uses 2 tripods or stands on each end to mount it.

Here's a pic of it on 2 C-stands (mounted through the 5/8 hole in our end block)

It would similarly mount to a pair of tripods or sticks via the included tripod adapter plate, which has both 1/4-20 and 3/8 threads for mounting. I often see people raise it up on things like chairs (sturdy ones) or apple boxes to give it height rather than mounting directly to 2 stands as it can be a bit cumbersome to carry the unit and 2 sets of sticks around.

Hopefully that answers your inquiry, but please feel free to follow up with any questions you may have.

Luke
Luke Grandmont

Return to Pegasus/Atlas Linear Tracking Systems