click analytics

Opening film to Zanzibar International Film Festival

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

Opening film to Zanzibar International Film Festival

New postby Faisal Lutchmedial on Thu May 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Making the Band, directed by Phad Mutumba, will be making it's world premiere at the biggest arts and film festival in East and Central Africa. I co-wrote it, shot it, and edited it. We shot virtually everything in the movie with an HVX Brevis combo.

http://www.ziff.or.tz/news/african-and- ... -announced

Some stills below. The photo in the festival website was just from a point and shoot.

We're still editing actually, they accepted the film on an early rough cut. When we have some moving pictures I will post. We shot 720p with the HVX if you were curious about the resolution, but we are happy with the images regardless of the relative sharpness.

Still-ShabelaPhone.jpg

Still-DinnerParty.jpg

Still-ShabellaFlashbackClose.jpg

Still-AydeeLillianOutside.jpg
Faisal Lutchmedial

Re: Opening film to Zanzibar International Film Festival

New postby Hubert Den Draak on Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 am

Big kudos to you and your crew, Faisal! Just getting an ambitious project like this actually done is a major accomplishment, so getting it premiered at a big festival is a well-deserved feather in your cap; we hope this exposure will generate a lot of attention (and hopefully some sales!). Cinevate proud and honoured to have been part of it.
The stills look great, hope you'll have a chance to post a trailer when you have a moment.

Hubert
Hubert Den Draak

New postby Faisal Lutchmedial on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks so much Hubert - we are happy with this one, definitely. Done on a very small budget, with the help of lots of cinevate gear for my hvx. Here is the trailer we whipped up for it.

Faisal Lutchmedial

New postby Luke Grandmont on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

Hey Faisal

Great footage! I forgot that the HVX can actually make some quality images, lol. Best of luck at the festival and keep us updated on your work.
Luke Grandmont

New postby Faisal Lutchmedial on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks Luke! The film went on to win a couple awards at the fest! We're really happy about its success, and the amazing amount of support we got from the festival.

http://www.veepiz.com/starnewsview-view ... _ziff.html
Faisal Lutchmedial

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage