click analytics

Problems with aperature control on Canon FD mount lenses

This forum will be used to share information with Brevis35 users related to setup, tips and tricks etc.

Problems with aperature control on Canon FD mount lenses

New postby dustinmcshane on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to owning a 35mm DOF adapter. I just purchased the brevis35 mp2 and am happy so far. It came highly recommended and is constructed very well. Far superior to other models i have seen.

My issue is that when i mount my FD lenses i purchased (50mm 1.8, 28mm 2.8, and a 75-210) the mount engages the aperture to full and will not allow me to manually adjust the lens. It is essentially stuck wide open. IS THIS NORMAL? I was under the impression that the lens was still fully operational when attached. As I said, I am new to the unit, so It is most likely operator error but I am pretty adept at figuring stuff out and this oe has me stumped. Please help. Thanks.

Dustin McShane
Rochester NY
dustinmcshane

Re: Problems with aperature control on Canon FD mount lenses

New postby Hubert Den Draak on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi Dustin,

Yes, some FD lenses have that issue. This forum has a few threads with a solution for it, just use the "search" box top right and type "canon FD aperture".

A thread on making the FD lens' aperture work is here: viewtopic.php?t=910 (I think it's affectionately known as the "Q-tip solution") and an external thread here: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/co ... /index.htm

Also check this good thread on FD glass in general, here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2023

These should have more than enough information to get you going'! :-)
Hubert Den Draak

Re: Problems with aperature control on Canon FD mount lenses

New postby dustinmcshane on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Thank you very much. Just got back home and tried your suggestions. the Q-tip method, while not highly scientific, is certainly effective. They seem to be functioning properly now and all is once again... good.

d
dustinmcshane

Kefalonia-Leading website offers big saving aboard

New postby opju5f9d4y on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:57 am

alonia namely a beautiful island,Nike Free 5.0,amid truth it has been called by many an island of nightmares Its beauteous landscape,Toro 4s,coasts and outlook have proved to be an of the most fashionable destinations for holidays as many annuals For those who yet visited this eminent destination it absences no introduction,Retro Jordans For Sale,barely for those who have additionally to sample the delights a glorious menagerie of charm and sunshine awaits. A guiding website dedicated to Kefalonia has proven to be a fashionable option as those seeing at this recess destination and has received rave reviews from its many visitors, that website is />
The island of nightmares offers a great handle splendid unspoilt outlook and a air that namely adored This informative
This Greek island boast numerous beaches and its inhabitants are friendly and of a happy temperament This all makes as a thoroughly enjoyable recess Its romantic nature tends to mean that many who visit are pairs looking as that romantic getaway. Kefalonia has a vibrant only loosening ambience and accommodation of always styles are attempted such because villas through to hotels,catering for all tastes and rations
This website namely a an block mart for anyone looking to enjoy the joys of a recess amid Kefalonia. It provides an efficacious source of information and means of booking accommodation and flights online and ensures amongst its choice that the purchaser is well informed and able to make their own informed alternative almost the district of Kefalonia they hope to visit. It sources information and prices to insure that the buyer gets the best handle procurable which is why this website has proved and continues to be, a very modish website.
For beyond information visit />
opju5f9d4y

Return to Cinevate Customer Forum