click analytics

The Casket of Lady Rowena --Brevis at night

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

The Casket of Lady Rowena --Brevis at night

New postby Ben Winter on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 am

http://www.frozenphoenixproductions.com ... casket.htm

We shot this as part of a "cinematic exhibition" for the Baltimore Museum of Art's exhibit on Edgar Allan Poe. This is actually the rev1 Brevis from a couple years ago; I never got around to upgrading it. There was one issue with the motor not starting, partly I think because of the cold weather, but also because I found out too late that the charger had a blown fuse.

The majority of it was shot at night with a Coollights softlight and lowell omni.
Ben Winter

Re: The Casket of Lady Rowena --Brevis at night

New postby Hubert Den Draak on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Ben, I hope the Baltimore Museum of Art is proud of this production. I know from experience that museums usually don't have any serious budgets for audiovisual productions, but this one looks handsome. It's also a near-perfect use of the Brevis 35mm adapter, it substantially adds to the mood and atmosphere. What camera and lenses did you use?
Hubert Den Draak

New postby Amos Kim on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:34 pm

good job Ben, what camera, lenses, cinefuse diffuser was this shot on?
Amos Kim

New postby Ben Winter on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback. This was shot on a Sony FX1. Lenses were Canon FD 55mm f1.2, 85mm f1.8, 35mm f2.0, and an m42 24mm f2.5. Cinefuse CF2 for most of it, but switched out for CF1 towards the end.
Ben Winter

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage