click analytics

Flip module required?

This forum will be used to share information with Brevis35 users related to setup, tips and tricks etc.

Flip module required?

New postby Andrew Slankard on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 am

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've stopped by—life sure is hectic. Anyway, I have a question for anyone who can answer. I've had my Brevis for about ten months now and I have not been able to use it legitamely at all, not once. I don't have a flip module, I just have the standard Brevis with the Cinefuse XL and a Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens. I'm just not getting the results that I see on here and I'm wondering why I'm too stupid to figure it out. Whenever I've had free time I've tried to figure out the trick but it just seems to elude me. Am I using a bad lens...? Is the Flip module a necessity when using an EX-1? I'm really bummed cause I wanted the Brevis for a solid year before I bought mine and then when I got it, I discovered I didn't have the brains to work it—and still don't.

If you guys have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks! :)

-Andrew
Sony PMW-EX1, Brevis35 with Cinefuse XL and Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 lens; Editing on a 15" MacBook Pro with Final Cut Studio 2.
Andrew Slankard

Re: Flip module required?

New postby Jon Wolding on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:25 am

There have been some problems with the EX1 and EX3... try calling Cinevate directly.
Jon Wolding

Return to Cinevate Customer Forum