click analytics

"Tomfoolery" (made for the Toronto 48 Hr Film Challenge)

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

"Tomfoolery" (made for the Toronto 48 Hr Film Challenge)

New postby Rodney_Smith on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:01 pm

A new short film, but this time filmed with the Brevis Mp1. Totally outstanding experience, especially when i remembered to turn the unit on. It was so quiet I never knew if it was running or not. But beautiful images especially coupled with the HV200.

http://vimeo.com/1299198

enjoy!
Rodney Smith
Cinematographer
HVX200, Brevis + Flip, Proteus Rails System, DVX100A, DIY 35mm, DIY Rail System
Canon FD Lenses (28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 70-150mm, 135mm),
Marshall 5.6 LCD Monitor, FS-100, 4x4GB P2 Cards, Glidecam V-8, DIY 8ft Jib,
Rodney_Smith

Re: "Tomfoolery" (made for the Toronto 48 Hr Film Challenge)

New postby Rodney_Smith on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Rodney Smith
Cinematographer
Rodney_Smith

New postby Dennis Wood on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:09 pm

Rodney, that's one very sexy rig :-) Your crew looks like they were having a great time on the shoot.
Dennis Wood
Site Admin

New postby Rodney_Smith on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 pm

We all had a great time.. such a good time that we're entering the Buffalo 48 Hour Film Challenge (helps to be American in this one case) In August and we're gonna do it all again!

Operating a 35mm adapter has never been easier and I gotta hand it to you guys for creating such an excellent piece of hardware all around. Great customer service all around and I even used a few parts in a different way. The rail blocks are really freaking awesome to mount accessories to, and I ordered a couple extra to mount my Firestore (on the back in the pic) and my portable battery. I'm right now trying to find new ways to mount more gear, but I'll be taking some more official shots (for marketing) in a few days with a photographer friend, so we should get some sweet shots of the set-up... just wish I had the Cinevate Follow-Focus on there to complete the package...

Anyway: It's a great adapter and the flip focus makes a WORLD of difference.. no more weird looks from clients. I was able to show a producer some of the footage we got from the Tomfoolery shoot and he is sold on the look of it. So much so that I just signed a production deal to be DP on a feature, scheduled for production in January.
Rodney Smith
Cinematographer
Rodney_Smith

New postby Dennis Wood on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Tom, it's not the first time that we've heard of folks moving on to DP roles based on viewing of adapter footage. Jason here in Thunder Bay has been sourced several times in a similar fashion to do projects, including a Second City shoot in your neck of the woods. It's incredibly rewarding for us to hear of such things and motivates the entire team to do better yet.

The rails system is designed to extremely flexible and I'm always glad to hear when folks like you make the best of all the little features we've designed in.

Happy shooting and good luck in Buffalo :-)
Dennis Wood
Site Admin

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage