click analytics

Learning to Fly

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

Learning to Fly

New postby Sean Manuel on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:22 am

We are begininng our third day of our seven-day shoot for the short film Learning to Fly. We are shooting with an A1, a flipped MP.1, and Nikon lenses. The Brevis is fantastic and even in low light situations it works amazingly well. I will post stills from the shoot as we progress. Feel free to make any comments or suggestions.

Sean

50mm

50mm

50mm

10.5mm

50mm
Sean Manuel

Re: Learning to Fly

New postby Jayme Cowley on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:09 pm

wow, that lighting is top notch. do u have any behind-the-scenes pics, or info on whats involved to light and shoot your short?
Jayme Cowley

New postby Sean Manuel on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks a lot. We've gotten really lucky with the lighting. A couple of the scenes were a little complicated and required quite a bit of time to set up the lighting but the hospital we flimed in was lit extremely well. The first and third stills were not lit by us at all. We just set up the shot and it looked great. The second still was lit with a couple of small focus flood lights with blue gels. I don't really remember the configuration of the office shots but I will post some behind the scenes pictures that will help explain it a bit more. The toughest scene to shoot was in the office. We used a 5-piece lowell kit and just about every configuration we could think of. The softbox helped quite a bit. Hopefully we can get some more decent footage. Thanks for the comments and I hope that helped a little.
Sean Manuel

New postby Sean Manuel on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Behind the scenes

50mm

50mm

50mm
Sean Manuel

New postby DJ Lewis on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 am

These look great! How was shooting in a hospital? Were there lots of hoops to jump through just to get the green light to shoot?
XH-A1/Brevis
DJ Lewis

New postby Sean Manuel on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks, the hospital was incredibly helpful. There was very little red tape. Really just a matter of having a meeting with who was in charge and setting up a date and time.
Sean Manuel

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage