click analytics

last footage from my HV20, then it got stolen :-(

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

last footage from my HV20, then it got stolen :-(

New postby Serge Wohlgensinger on Fri May 09, 2008 5:24 am

lets say goodbye to my HV20, together with the brevis-flip it gives so nice pictures, from a small and handy unit.

i allready bought the Hv30, and a first handheld test showed the same qualities as the HV20 did...

i also bought a tripod, so the handheld-frenzy will have an end ;-)

http://www.vimeo.com/954445

greetz serge

PS: i realised lots of detail gets lost when the contrast is added in post. in the blacks would have been much more detail; but i love the contrasty look.
Serge Wohlgensinger

New postby eric gorski on Sun May 11, 2008 1:38 pm

your footage looks fantastic. your cc work was very impressive as well. i think the loss of definition in the blacks is a fair trade-off for a dramatic contrasty look like that.

any chance of posting a higher res version of the movie? i'd love to see how well it holds up at hd res ..

thanks,
e 8)
eric gorski

New postby Serge Wohlgensinger on Mon May 12, 2008 3:29 am

thanx eric!

on vimeo, you can download a 1280-720-version of the clip as an mp4. see the link right under the statitics.
i fear i can not offer any higher quality to download somewhere, i dont have any server-space for an 1080-version.

for the cc; i am realy starting reading books about it, watch some lessons on dvd to get to know a lot about color correcting. i think its interessting. but for now, i just use simple curves to make some changes in contrast, and mostly some desaturation. in combination with the brevis-footage, its great what you get :D
Serge Wohlgensinger

New postby eric gorski on Mon May 12, 2008 8:35 pm

thnx, i hadn't registered on vimeo so i couldn't see the download link.

stilll looks great at higher res :)
eric gorski

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage