click analytics

Flip-Module on my HV20-Test

Post your artwork! If you're using our products to do amazing work, we want to see it.

Flip-Module on my HV20-Test

New postby Serge Wohlgensinger on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:47 am

i used my new zoom-lense(35-105), and in 105mm-use, the vignetting isnt very pleasing. maybe, it doesnt do it that much without the flip, i have to check this out.

all in all the footage is made indoor or outside in dawn, so i pushed it in color; so also the vignetting is enhanced cause of this.

i always thought, vignetting appears mostly when using wideangle-lenses. can someone explain this to me?

greetz serge

http://www.vimeo.com/844928
Serge Wohlgensinger

Vignetting

New postby TraceyJohnLee on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:24 pm

I believe it is because the image that is being projected when zoomed in has less light and has actually less of a projection area.
TraceyJohnLee

New postby steve witt on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 pm

I don't have any vignetting with my lenses at all. But they are all fixed focal lengths. Maybe just a problem with some zooms. There is a girl in that clip that looks EXACTLY like someone I know. Have fun with your Brevis.
-Canon HV20
-Brevis MP.1 with Flip
-Cinevate 2 Stage Matte Box
-Nikon 50mm f1.4
-Nikon 85mm f2.0
-Nikon 105mm f1.8
steve witt

Your rig..

New postby Chokos on Thu May 22, 2008 11:36 am

Hey..nice video.. but.. could you take some pictures of the equipment you used for the video? its easier..so I can see what I have to buy ;)

but nice video.. :)

I got the hv20..I just need the lenses etc..

(sorry my english..Im danish)
Chokos

New postby Serge Wohlgensinger on Fri May 23, 2008 6:55 am

great you like it...i have now 4 clips on my vimeo-account, check them out.
maybe i will there also post a picture of the setup; but there are plenty of pics of a HV20/30 with the brevis you can see here on this side. my setup doesnt look that different.
let me tell you, with a brevis and also the flipmodule and a good 50mm-lens to start, you will have a nice starting eqipment.
next week i will finaly setup the brevis on my tripod. lets see what that brings to my pictures.

dont worry, my english isnt so good as well :-)
Serge Wohlgensinger

Return to Cinevate Customer Footage