click analytics

40 test charts of Brevis, Letus & SG on HVX and EX-1

This forum will be used to share information with Brevis35 users related to setup, tips and tricks etc.

40 test charts of Brevis, Letus & SG on HVX and EX-1

New postby Leonard Levy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 am

I've just finished organising about 40 tests simply o charts on the Brevis, Brevis Flip , Brevis Flip + SGPro (Rev 2) and the Letus Extreme on both an HVX200 and Sony EX-1

They are all archived @:

http://www.leonardlevy.net/Adapter_s...ster_Final.htm

You can see charts displaying the Brevis f1.4 to f2.8 no light loss phenomena and compare to an SG or a Letus.

You can compare sharpness on Brevis pre Flip and Flip modules and look at how well a Brevis works with an SGPro ( I only had a Rev2 but it should be the same if it connects as well.)

You can see the difference between center focus and best compromise "mid" focuses, and see that all the adapters are fine if you take the time to get a Mid focus.

You can see how the Sony Ex-1 works with the first generation of Brevis and Letus adapters before their new achromats.

Look at a Letus EX zoomed in to see if it has a a sharper flatter field.

These are not perfect charts - read the explanation at the beginning. I did these by myself as best I could. I lit them with a light bounced in the ceiling to save time and that did not give the charts even exposure and sometimes screwed up color balances. I sometimes mislabeled charts and then corrected the mistakes by erasing things in photoshop or adding info to the original chart.

They were made by using QT conversion in FCP to make jpg stills at medium compression. They were then transformed a bit more which probably added more compression, so try to use them for the comparison information they show not as accurate images of what you would get in a video image.

These images all looked much brighter and cleaner on my monitor by the way.

Let me know if they are valuable or if I just wasted a huge amount of time.

Thanks.

Lenny Levy
Lenny Levy

Nikkors:
24mm f2
28mm f2,
35mm f1.4
50mm f1.4
85mm f1.4
105mmf1.8
135mm f2
Nikon 80-200 f2.8
Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8
Leonard Levy

New postby M Boerner on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:35 am

link is broken
M Boerner

New postby Tom Waugh on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:52 am

Tom Waugh

New postby Jon Wolding on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks, Leonard!
Jon Wolding

New postby Roel Jovellanos on Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:25 am

wow that was cool, thanks man!

I think I'm gonna get myself the cinefuse 3 after seeing that depth of field comparo!
Roel Jovellanos

Return to Cinevate Customer Forum