click analytics

Cinevate Flip Module

Using the Cinevate Flip Module

New postby kevinwild on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:59 am

Consider one ordered. :-) Let us know how to get in line for these.

Kevin
kevinwild

New postby Jon Neely on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:49 pm

hey guys, I was Cine Expo 07' Redrock was there. They had a prototype flip adapter on all of there micros. Worked very well, dont worry, im still wanting to go with the Brevis. now with using the redrock, few things dissapointed me. but anyways, looks like they are bookin to keep up with you guys at cinevate, people there considering to buy the redrock, i told them to have a look at the brevis before making a decision. well just wanted to tell you that it worked well and if yours works remotely like redrocks, there will not be any dissapointed people out there. also the rep there said you loose about 3/4 of a stop through the flip, that may be bogus, but thats what the guy said. PS. CINEVATE, Be there in 08' to make a killing. soo many inde film makers looking for 35mm solutions.

Jon
Jon Neely

New postby Trish Kerr on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:27 am

Newbie here and possible dumb question.

But I originally assumed the flip module for the brevis was a new brevis flipped version, not a part you add to the existing adaptor. If it is an add-on, will adding the flip require rails now to support the setup or can it still be used without? Any idea?

Trish
Trish Kerr

New postby Jon Wolding on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 am

Oh, I seriously doubt you could use the flip module w/o rails.
Jon Wolding

New postby Trish Kerr on Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:03 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing once I realized it was an add-on.

Is it common practice to use the brevis with rails already? Or only if attaching long lenses or add-ons.

Trish
Trish Kerr

New postby kevinwild on Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:45 pm

You can use it without rails/support, but I personally think you need rails. Not only for longer lenses...just the Brevis and spacers and flip module, etc, makes for a pretty long setup! Get the rails...they're cheap. I would suggest getting longer rails, if you're using a longer lense.

KW
kevinwild

New postby Trish Kerr on Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:11 pm

Yeah, it wasn't the cheap angle - it was more that you could attach and go without the heavy duty tripod setup (though percentage wise non-tripod use is probably small)

But definitely you don't want anything compromising the camera from strain

Thanks everyone, for the input.

Trish
Trish Kerr

Flip? any update

New postby Marc F on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Is there any new updates as to when the flip is coming out? or did i miss it on the main page or something???

thanks
Marc F

New postby Matt Buys on Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:29 pm

Back in june, Dennis said in a few weeks. But he didn't say which few weeks.
Seriously, like you I check every other day for an update because I'm waiting to buy the flip. The consensus on 35mm adapters is that the Brevis is the best. This delay confirms that for me. My guess is Dennis ran into something unforeseen that does not meet his standards and he would rather rework things and lose time than high quality. Either that or he's on vacation.
Matt Buys

New postby Jason Fox on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:05 pm

Haha. He *was* on vacation a few weeks ago. But keep in mind that he's working on refining the base Brevis (getting the micro-collimation out was a big thing), the follow focus, the relay lens, and advancing the CFs even further. He's a busy man, for sure. But I do really want that flip!
Jason Fox

New postby Rafael Lopes on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Any word on a release date?
Rafael Lopes
www.p3mundo.com
Rafael Lopes

updates>?

New postby shane ernest on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:41 pm

Anyone know when shipment was supposed to take place?

Is there a waiting list to sign up! =P

hope everyone is doing well!

infinite Love
shane
shane ernest

Why is no one talking about this??

New postby Cris Mertens on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:38 am

Why has no one talking about the fact that the retail flip module has started shipping? Why is this news - not on the front page of Cinevate.com?

Why is this news all over DVXUser forums - but not here?? Whats going on?

Cris Mertens

New postby Jason Fox on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:39 am

Where on DVXuser?
Jason Fox

New postby Neil Camero on Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:15 am

I don't believe it was stated that it started shipping anywhere. Here at Cinevate there is a Flip Module reservation list that is not discussed on DVXuser so if the Flip Modules in deed have started shipping, it would be to those that know about the list...from the Cinevate forums.
Neil Camero

New postby Philip Bloom on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi Dennis. When do you think it will start shipping...put me on that list!!!
Philip Bloom

New postby Pascal Archambault on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:00 pm

Really? There's a pre-order list? Put me on it too, then! Or otherwise let us know when it's ready!
Pascal Archambault

New postby Dennis Wood on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Guys, just send an email to flipunit@cinevate.com It'll autorespond and we'll make them available to those folks based on the email's date stamp.
Dennis Wood
Site Admin

Flip Module

New postby iconoclast6 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi Folks,

Just dropped in from the RedRock site, and am leaning to the Brevis setup for my DVX100B. Is the Flip module shipping yet. From the tone of this thread it looked like it was to ship several months ago..?

What is the latest?
iconoclast6

New postby Jon Wolding on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:10 pm

As with all the products, if it's not in the catalog, it's probably not shipping.

The first batch are due out in the coming weeks (hopefully before Thanksgiving, Dennis?). People have PMed or emailed Dennis to add their names to the list, so I imagine the first batch is likely all spoken for. However, email Dennis at flipunit@cinevate.com and get on the list if you're chomping at the bit.
Jon Wolding

PreviousNext

Return to The Cinevate Flip Module